The Brigham Health Department of Medicine, in Boston, MA reached out to Clove & Twine to help fulfill their year-end gift program needs for nearly 3,000 department employees. The Department required a unique gift arrangement, where employees could decide which of three high-quality product they would like to receive. Each item had to be branded with the department’s logo, and shipped directly to each recipient’s address with a low likelihood of returned packages to stay within budget.
The Department of Medicine wanted to recognize its employees for a year of hard work. With more than 3,000 employees, the Department employs a mix of men and women across a variety of roles including physicians, nurses, administrators, patient care staff, educators, and researchers.
About Brigham Health
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is a world-class academic medical center based in Boston, Massachusetts. The Brigham serves patients from New England, across the United States and from 120 countries around the world. A major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital has a legacy of clinical excellence that continues to grow year after year.
U.S. News & World Report ranks Brigham and Women’s Hospital among the best hospitals in many specialty areas, including cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrine disorders, ear, nose and throat, gastroenterology and GI surgery, geriatric care, gynecology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
Because of the high number of participants and the different gift choices available, Clove & Twine faced a number of challenges:
- Availability of three unique gifts within budget that represented Brigham Health values accurately
- The ability for all employees to choose their own gift, in a streamlined and organized manner
- The ability for employees to pick their size for clothing items
- Shipping to multiple different locations
- Minimum return shipments, from bounced addresses
The Clove & Twine Method
Clove & Twine addressed these challenges with a streamlined, organized process by:
- Providing a wide selection of high-quality gifts for Brigham Health to select from
- Facilitating custom branding on each gift item
- Using our Gifting Platform to send to employees to let them easily input their gift selection (and size request)
- Collecting data from the platform, and collaboratively and securely managing the information and content
- Packaging each item in individual custom boxes, with care and attention to detail
- Fulfilling shipments of each gift to employees from the C&T warehouse
- Managing returned shipments
Clove & Twine met and exceeded expectations according to the requests and needs of Brigham Health. The department was fully satisfied with the results of this project, which included:
- Safe data collection of employees' information
- Three different, high-quality, beautifully branded products to create a unique and valuable experience for each attendee
- A 90.9% response rate by employees to the form
- Excellent customer service, and high response rate
- 0.8% returned packages needing address correction (a huge success)
- Ability to handle a high capacity of orders with unique requirements
- Providing employees with branded gifts that they will use over and over again